For full contact details please see the YNU Membership Card
President: Barry Warrington Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
President Elect: Prof. Alastair Fitter
THE EXECUTIVE (Trustees)
- Chairman of YNU: Andy Millard Tel: 0113 258 2482. email: email@example.com
- Treasurer: Guy Baragwanath email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publicity: Mrs Jill Warwick email: email@example.com
- Andy Godfrey email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terry Whitaker email: email@example.com
- Becky Bailey email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phillip Whelpdale email: email@example.com
- Francis Hickenbottom email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crumpton & Co., Chartered Accountants of 682 Anlaby Road, Hull HU3 6UZ
Editors and Other Officers
- Editorial Board: Bill Ely, Andy Millard, Paul Simmons, David Smith.
- Receiving Editor Dr A.V. Millard. Tel: 0113 258 2482. e-mail: email@example.com
The Bird Report:
- Editor: Vacant.
- Contact Geoff Dobbs, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lepidoptera Report:
- Penny Relf, tel: 01759 307943
- Phillip Whelpdale, e-mail:email@example.com
- Clare Langrick, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Natural Sciences Forum
- Vice Chairman: Vacant
- Birds Protection Liaison Officer: Mr Doug Simpson
Visit the Natural Sciences Forum page for more information.
- Librarian: Vacant
- Appointments: NEYEDC, Tel: 01904 641631, E-mail: email@example.com
The YNU library is hosted by the North and East Yorkshire Ecological Data Centre at 10a Minster Gates, York. The library is open to all members for consultation, although an appointment should first be made with NEYEDC. Members must sign the NEYEDC visitors' register on each visit. Books may be borrowed for a short period.
- R. Watling, M.B.E., Ph.D., D.Sc., F.R.S.E.
- J.R. Mather, M.B.O.U.
- Margaret E.Bradshaw, M.B.E., B.Sc., Ph.D.
- Adrian Norris
- Roy Crossley, F.R.E.S.
- Prof. M.R.D. Seaward, M.Sc., Ph.D.,D.Sc., F.L.S.
- M. Densley, F.M.A., M.B.O.U.
- I.C. Lawrence
- S.L. Sutton, M.A., D.Phil., F.R.E.S., F.R.G.S.
- Prof. G.F. Leedale, Ph.D., D.Sc., F.R.S, F.L.S.
- G. Fryer, D.Sc., Ph.D., F.I.Biol, F.L.S.
- M.E. Archer, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., F.R.E.S.
- Margaret A. Atherdon, B.A., Ph.D.
- Colin A.Howes, M.B.E., Ph.D.
- Gillian M. Brand, Ph.D
- H.E. Beaumont
- D.J. Boatman Ph.D.
- W.F. Curtis
- M.L.Denton, M.B.O.U., F.R.E.S.
- Dr Roger Key
- John Newbould
- Dr Terry Whitaker
- Dr Geoff Oxford
- Mr Simon Warwick MBE
- Mrs Sarah White, MA, MSc
- Mr Peter Flint FRES
- Dr Jane Pottas
- Dr Judith Allinson
Freshwater Ecology ~ Contacts and Recorders
Chairman: Currently vacant
Mayflies, Stone flies and Caddisflies and aquatic ecology: Sharon Flint Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fungi and Lichens ~ Contacts and Recorders
Chairman and assistant recorder: Alan T Braddock, 6 Westfield Terrace, Horbury WF4 6HY
Tel: 01924 275631 email: email@example.com
Recorder: Chris Yeates, Trinity Street, Huddersfield, HD1 4DT
Tel: 01484 519294 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for all field mycology events: ALAN BRADDOCK
Tel: 01924 275631 email: email@example.com
MID YORKSHIRE FUNGUS GROUP:
Contact MYFG via the website http://www.myfg.org.uk/
Secretary: Mrs. Anne Bowers
Tel: 0113 2758957
Bees Wasps and Ants ~ Contacts and Recorders
Dr Andy Millard
Beetles ~ Contacts and Recorders
The YNU Recorder for all Coleoptera excluding Aleocharinae is Mr Bob Marsh, 11 Crusader Drive, Sprotborough, Doncaster DN5 7RX. Tel: 01302 788411 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder for Aleocharinae (rove beetles) is Mr Mike Denton, 77 Hawthorn Terrace, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield, HD4 5RP. Tel: 01484 646990 E-mail: email@example.com
The beetle sub-section holds just under 230,000 records in a Recorder 6 database. All of these records are passed on to national Coleoptera recording schemes, many of whom share the records via the NBN Gateway. The records have also been passed to Doncaster Biological Records Centre and are in the process of being passed to North and East Yorkshire Ecological Data Centre.
Members of the YNU and its affiliated societies made a substantial contribution to Ladybirds (Coccinellidae) of Britain and Ireland, with Bob Marsh collating all the Yorkshire records.
Butterflies and Moths ~ Contacts and Recorders
Chairman of the YNU Lepidoptera Group: Mr Ian Marshall: 19 Ferriby High Road, North Ferriby, East Yorkshire, HU14 3LD. Tel 01482 627446. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Butterfly Recording Co-ordinators:
County Butterfly Recorder - Vacant
- VC61: Mr Sean A Clough, 51 Thoresby Street, Hull, HU5 3RA. Tel: 01482 448088, e-mail: email@example.com
- VC62: Mr Dave O'Brien, 42 Pritchett Road, Middlesbrough, TS3 ONG. Tel: 07521 802282 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VC63: Steve Mattock, e-mail: email@example.com
- VC64: Mr Dave Ramsden, 3 Burnham Court, Wetherby, Leeds, LS22 6XJ. Tel: 01937 520919. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VC65: Dr Paul Millard, Ghyll House, Skyreholme, Skipton, BD23 6DE. Tel: 01756 720490, e-mail: email@example.com
Moth Recording Co-ordinators:
- VC61: Mr Ian Marshall, 19 Ferriby High Road, North Ferriby, East Yorkshire, HU14 3LD. Tel 01482 627446. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VC62: Dr Robert Woods. E-mail: email@example.com
- VC63: Mr Mike Couling, 'High Up', Binns Lane, Holmfirth, HD9 3BJ. Tel: 01484 685286 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VC64 & VC65: Dr Charles Fletcher, The Forge, Hutton Conyers, Ripon, HG4 5EB. Tel: 01765 600586 e-mail: email@example.com
NOTE: Dr Fletcher holds the county macro-moth database of records collected since 2000 using Mapmate™ software.
LepNETYorkshire Joint project co-ordinators:
- County Micro-moth Recorder & database custodian: Mr Harry E Beaumont, 37 Melton Green, West Melton, Rotherham S63 6AA
- County Macro-moth Recorder & database custodian: Dr Charles Fletcher (contact details as above).
- County Butterfly Recorder & database custodian: Dr David RR Smith (contact details as above).
Holds the County butterfly records since 1995 on Levana software.
Flies ~ Contacts and Recorders
The YNU recorder for dance flies (Empidoidea) is:
Roy Crossley, 1, The Cloisters, Wilberfoss, York YO41 5RF. Tel: 01759 388809. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr Crossley holds around 10,000 dance fly records (and around 10,000 crane fly records) but only passes his own records to national Diptera recording schemes.
The YNU recorder for leaf-mining flies (Agromyzidae) is:
Barry Warrington. Tel: 07732 319723 / 01482 627570. Twitter: @AgromyzidaeRS E-mail: email@example.com
The YNU recorder for all other Diptera is:
Andrew Grayson, 'Scardale', High Lane, Beadlam, Nawton, York, YO62 7SX. Tel: 01439 771226. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr Grayson aims to pass on all Yorkshire Diptera records to the relevant national recording schemes.
Parasitic Hymenoptera ~ Contacts and Recorders
The YNU Recorder for parasitic Hymenoptera is Mr Bill Ely, 9 Clifton Lane, Rotherham, S65 2AA. Tel: 01709 367913. E-mail: email@example.com
The YNU holds around 15,000 to 20,000 parastic Hymenoptera records and these are being passed to the Yorkshire Local Records Centres.
Orthoptera ~ Contacts and Recorders
The YNU Orthoptera Recorder is Phillip Whelpdale,1 St Georges Place, York, YO24 1GN Tel: 01904 659570; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a dedicated Grasshoppers recording App for mobile phones (Android and iPhone) developed by the UK Biological Record Centre. Alternatively the iRecord website and app (for all wildlife sightings) can be used (and people are strongly encouraged to do so for this group). Records submited to iRecord, or the previously mentioned Grasshopper recording app, will be verified by national experts and make there way into the national recording scheme database, as well as the local YNU records.
Sawflies ~ Contacts and Recorders
Ian Andrews email@example.com
24 Barmby Road, Pocklington, York YO42 2DP
Plant Bugs ~ Contacts and Recorders
The Recorder for this sub-section is Mr. S. Foster, 128 Lyndale Avenue, Edenthorpe, Doncaster DN3 2JX. Tel:01302 887143
Mr Foster holds over 40,000 records of insects in these groups.
Plant Galls ~ Contacts and Recorders
Mammals ~ Contacts and Recorders
Dr Colin Howes Tel: 01302 811037 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mosses ~ Contacts and Recorders
Recorder: Tom Blockeel, 9 Ashfurlong Close, Dore, Sheffield, S17 3NN
Tel: 01142 366861, e-mail: Tblockeel@aol.com
Plants ~ Contacts and Recorders
Botanical records can be sent to the following vice county recorders:
VC61 South East Yorkshire: Sarah White, Yonder Cottage, Ashford Hill, Thatcham, Berks, RG19 8AX. Tel: 01635 268442. E-mail: email@example.com
VC62 North East Yorkshire: Gill Smith, Brook House, Gilling East, York, YO62 4JJ. Tel: 01439 788385. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
VC63 (south): Louise Hill, e-mail: email@example.com
VC63 (west):Kay McDowell, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
VC64 Mid West Yorkshire: David Broughton, e-mail: email@example.com
VC65 North West Yorkshire: Linda Robinson, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliens and casuals: Jesse Tregale, e-mail: email@example.com
Mosses, liverworts and hornworts: Tom Blockeel, 9 Ashfurlong Close, Dore, Sheffield, S17 3NN. Tel: 0114 23
Reptiles and Amphibians ~ Contacts and Recorders
Robert Jaques, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 07895 880916