Our sincere thanks to all the speakers, chairs and exhibitors for making it such a successful, thought-provoking and thoroughly enjoyable event! The programme, abstracts and list of exhibitors and presentations can be downloaded below.
Presentations (Download Here)
- Keynote talk: Helen Roy, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology 'Unravelling the Ecology of Non-native Species to inform Strategy'
- Roger Morris, Hoverfly Recording Scheme 'New arrivals: non-native species or opportunists in a changing world? Case studies of some British hoverflies'
- Jane Pottas, Yorkshire Naturalists' Union 'Stranger on the Shore'
- Julien Courant, Paris Natural History Museum 'Potential impacts of the invasive African Clawed Frog, Xenopus laevis, in France'
- Jasmine Brar, Yorkshire Naturalists' Union 'Effect of Giant Hogweed on the Ecosystem'
- Keynote talk: Chris Thomas, University of York 'The dynamics of nature in a time of environmental change'
- Olaf Booy, GB Non-Native Species Secretariat 'UK strategy for non-native species management'
- Phillip Whelpdale, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust 'The good, the bad and the ugly - landscape scale conservation and non-native species'
- Alison Dunn, University of Leeds 'Biosecurity - how can we embed good biosecurity in our activities to reduce the spread of invasive non-native species?'
- Suzy Wood, CABI 'Biocontrol in the UK - finding natural solutions to invasive plant problems'
- Roger Key, Yorkshire Naturalists' Union 'The Kiwi invasion of Fairyland - tackling invasive species on St Helena'